Watch Hill Fire Department
Watch Hill Fire Department
2020 Incidents
Jan 7
Feb 12
Mar 4
Apr 6
May 14
Jun 19
Jul 34
Aug 28
Sep 15
Oct 13
Nov 0
Dec 0
Total 152

Past Incidents
2019 160
2018 169
2017 124
2016 128
2015 133
2014 112
2013 140
2012 144
2011 178

Past Training Hours
2018 3553
2017 4063
2016 3635
2015 3841
2014 2699
2013 2591
2012 2265
2011 2379


Web Counters
Website Visitors
Since
June 7, 2011
676,087
Visitors Today
Oct 24, 2020
398


Honoring Our Past - Part IV
Email Print RSS Facebook Twitter RSS

By Chief Robert Peacock
April 26, 2020

The Watch Hill Fire District was formed in 1902.

The initial building was a small storage shed located on Bay Street that held fire hose and adaptors on Bay Street.

It was replaced in 1917 by our first fire station, a small two bay garage located on Bay Street along the sea wall within ten feet of the Watch Hill Harbor. This station flooded on a regular basis during storms.

It was replaced in 1933 by a larger two bay garage with double deep bays and a second floor meeting room. This second station housed a 1917 pumper, a 1922 pumper, and a 1932 ladder truck. It was located along Bay Street approximately 150 feet from Watch Hill Harbor. This station flooded on an occasional basis including several feet of water during the Hurricanes of 1938 and 1954.

It was replaced in 1956 by the current station with 3 large garage bays on much higher ground approximately one mile from the Watch Hill Harbor. This station was further expanded in 2007 to add a fourth garage bay.


Add a Comment Add a Comment 0 Comment(s)


Website Designed and Hosted By: Content Proudly Maintained By: Contact Info:
Firehouse Solutions
www.FirehouseSolutions.com
Watch Hill Fire Department
222 Watch Hill Rd.
Westerly, RI 02891

Emergency Dial 911
Non-Emergency: 401-348-8932
E-mail: info@watchhillfire.com
Copyright © 2020 Firehouse Solutions (A Service of Technology Reflections, Inc.)