|WHFD Responds To Minor Electrical Fire At The Ocean House Resort Hotel|
|By Chief Robert Peacock|
|May 29, 2021|
Watch Hill Firefighters responded to The Ocean House Resort Hotel for a fire alarm activation at approximately 2 o'clock in the morning on Thursday.
The first arriving Firefighters discovered smoke in the Seaside Terrace Hallway and traced the smoke to a malfunctioning amplifier that was burning the wiring and melting the plastic housing of the unit.
The situation was quickly resolved with the removal of the smoking amplifier and the ventilation of the residual smoke from the building.
Watch Hill Engine 102, Engine 103, and Ladder 104 responded to the incident with nine Watch Hill firefighters.
While the guests were returning to the Hotel to presumably head back to sleep, we met a wonderful young man that was visiting from Maryland. He was clearly enjoying being awake in the middle of the night and was obviously excited to see the firefighters and the fire trucks. He started chatting with the firefighters and asked to have his picture taken with them.
Captain Jane Perkins and Firefighter Dennis Evans were happy to accommodate his request and we all enjoyed our early morning chat with him.
We understand that he is still talking about his exciting visit with the firefighters!
We appreciate his mother sharing the photos with us.