|Holiday Safety Reminder|
|By Chief Robert Peacock|
|December 8, 2019|
According to her Facebook post, one of the students that attended a recent Watch Hill Fire Department Fire Extinguisher Training session almost had to put her new training to use this week when her outside Holiday decorations apparently malfunctioned and caught fire.
According to her Facebook post, after seeing sparks and flames in her front yard, she alerted her family and grabbed her fire extinguisher. Fortunately, the ground fault outlet performed as designed and the melting snow quickly extinguished the flames in the burning plastic.
Michaela took a public fire extinguisher class as part of our Community Risk Reduction Program which offers various safety training classes including proper fire extinguisher use, home safety inspections, fire prevention tips, and CPR , AED, & First Aid certification classes.
Congratulations Michaela! Nice Work!
Watch Hill firefighters encourage everyone to learn how to properly use a fire extinguisher and recommends that those celebrating the holidays check their decorations often while in use and discard any that are cut, frayed or otherwise damaged.